Monday, May 11, 2009

Week Four's Long Run

....was semi good.

Nothing like a good Mother's Day than getting up at 5am to jog 14 miles. Right? Well, maybe if you are crazy as I am.

The only problem with running the 14 miles that I mapped out was that, it wasn't 14 miles. At 5am I decided to changed my mind on the route I had mapped out. I feared road kill and drunk drivers in the country so I went for a city run from my mother's house. I must not have been awake when I created the map because I messed up and missed a mile of it when I jogged it.

When I got back I realized that my time was too incredible even for me. (lol). After the sweet mother's day lunch we drove the course and it fell short one mile. That depressed me and still bugs the heck out of me. I'm sure I'll make it...but...still.....ugh.

Issues?

Hairband/ponytail combo for the hair is a keeper.
I now have a couple of different favorite jogging shirts.
I have yet to find a good pair of jogging shorts. (I need to lose some thigh before the big race.) that or I'm sticking to the jogging pants.
I realized while into the long run that I did not invest in a little tub of Vaseline. Yep, certain areas around the brazier got rubbed raw again.
Shoes now have over 150 miles on them and my right knee and left foot are starting to complain.
I was a little tired during the run but I'm not sure I ate enough the night before and I know I certainly did not sleep enough. I went to bed after midnight. Next week I vow to be in bed much much earlier!

Surprise of the day: I stepped on the scale for the first time in three weeks and was delighted to see a loss of five pounds. That was encouraging. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that downhill slide on the weight keeps going. I won't weight in again for another three weeks. I'm afraid that weighing in weekly will be too much of a disappointment.

For now....week four shall continue and it all gets harder from here. BUT I've come this far!

No comments:

Post a Comment