Sunday, May 17, 2009

Week Five's Long Run

Wow, seriously? This is the fifth week? I cannot believe it's been that long.

I would start out by saying.."Today's long run was especially difficult because...." but every long run has been hard. Running any distance over.....hmmm....fifteen feet is unnecessary. The run started out pretty good. I was happy with myself for how much of it was actually jogged and how little was walked. There were two hills that I just couldn't muster the strength to conquer. Actually one of them is so steep that I'm not sure I will ever be able to pull off getting up that hill. I'll include a pic at some point. Then you'll understand.

This run took me just over three hours and I had the worst time during the last mile. I wasn't really in that much pain, I think I was just mentally worn out. I had a friend call around mile 15. I heard the phone go off and figured it would be a text from my girls, so I pull the phone out to see a "where r u" text from a friend. It normally takes a bit of energy to deal with this person. "wanna meet for lunch?"
ME:I'm still jogging.
Friend: wow u take 4ever. when u gonna be done?
Friend: are we meeting for lunch or not?
Friend: text back please
Me: I still have a mile left to go and a cool down walk. I'll call in 30.
Me: BTW My text back No to lunch. Thx

How disheartening can it be to see someone say, "wow u take 4ever"? Thanks, so much, that really helped me along. I have the phone set to where it the text sounds different than the ring. I should have ignored the text. I only looked at it thinking it was my girls. That'll teach me....(need to remember to changed their text tone to something different than anybody elses).



Next week: 18 miles and then it's time for another rest week where everything slows down. Ahhh, that will be very very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment