Saturday, May 16, 2009

Week Four Stats


I think I'm feeling (finally) like the runs are routine. There's a chance it doesn't hurt quite as much as it did when I first started. Then again, I said a chance! There is a run coming up next weekend. I've run the course a ton of times. In fact, this course is pretty much the same one that I ran 2-1/2 years ago when I first started running. I trained for it, then a 10k, then 15k and then did the Cowtown for the first time. My time back then was, I believe either 34:32 or 32:34. I honestly can't remember which one it was.

My all time best 5k time was the one in Forth Worth in March with a 27:25. To be fair to my legs, the two course are very different. Next weekend's course has some extreme hills which makes the course very challenging. I had the thought that I would like to beat my personal best 5k next weekend but I'm now changing my mind to be more realistic. The two courses are too different. Getting under 30:00 would make me ecstatic.

Now on with this week's stats:

Sun: 13
Tues: 6 and 3 (Double header)
Wed: 4
Thurs: 5
Sat: 4 (in the rain)

This week's grand total is.....35!!!!!

Patting myself on the back. I didn't do any tae bo or core exercises but I swear I'm going to work that into my schedule.....I am going to write down that I will do tae bo on Mon and Fri while my legs rest from the runs. I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna!

Tomorrow is..... 16 miles! Eek! I'm scared, nervous, and thinking this has got to be a terrible idea. Am I insane?

Today's pic.....yuck....I'd like to fast forward a month and just skip on the pics inbetween. I think the worst part of this blog was the thought to post one pic a week until the actual race. I'm not the biggest fan of that idea right now. Not bright. Not bright. Not bright. Well, at least it will get better....right? Won't it? (Walking away from double bacon cheeseburger right now.)

On with the day......

No comments:

Post a Comment